We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

(1) 2 »

Open scholarships
Grant Ave. Warrior
Anyone know if we have any sholarships available to hand our this summer/spring to transfers or grads? I’d love to bring in a guard with experience to ease the burned on McCabe/Beetle/ the kid who was hurt. There are some good ones out there

Posted on: 3/29 8:18 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Open scholarships
Noob
From Liverpool, PA
At the moment there are 4 guys coming in and only 3 gone. So we're actually short one scholarship. Probably either Esa or Sags go pro, another transfer (maybe Bender) or Routt goes back to walk on status.

Posted on: 3/30 8:01 am

Noob
From Liverpool, PA
Forgot one. OR an incoming player doesn't make it in.

Posted on: 3/30 8:01 am

Here for the Beer
From Canton Ohio via Wellsburg WV
What makes you think that either of those two players are ready for a pro league

Posted on: 3/30 4:50 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Dunedin FL
Might be able to join the Balls in Latvia...

Posted on: 3/30 11:13 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
I think there is zero chance Sags leaves, and a small chance Esa leaves. Can definitely see Bender walking. Hunter is already gone

Posted on: 3/31 8:19 am

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
Sags could leave, listed as #15 in 2019 draft, but I'm sure a team would take a chance on him for this year's draft in second round. Obvioulsly, though if he averaged 15, 10, with a ton of blocks, he could be a high pick next year vs, middle second rounder. I think the key to Sags being a top pick will be him becoming a rebounding machine. He's picked the right player to model his game after in Ben Wallace. Both are about the same size, and Wallace was a great NBA player due to his defense and rebounding prowess.

Posted on: 3/31 8:30 am

Party Machine
No ones leaving early dude. We have 3 scholarships open PLUS Logan Routts. He isn’t on scholarship. Huggs have him that one because he had been working hard and they had a free one and wasn’t going to waste it. He will be back on walk on status next year I’m sure. He is probably going to school for free anyways.

Posted on: 3/31 1:35 pm

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
Wrong, Sags testing pro waters. I put chance at 50/50, if he wows them at camp then he might be gone and to me there is a high chance that could happen. The question will be if Sags will leave now and settle for a second round selection this year, or take a chance on having a great year and becoming a lottery pick next year. Obviously, I think he should stay like Devin Williams should of the year before. If he stays he will be treated like how Jevon Carter was this year and be Huggins #1 offensive option.

Posted on: 4/3 5:54 pm

Noob
From Liverpool, PA
Quote:

SteveinCanto wrote:
What makes you think that either of those two players are ready for a pro league

I didn't say either were ready to go pro. But we've seen this before. Might know they're not going to the NBA but just don't want to be in school anymore and would rather go overseas to play. (Macon)

Or they think they're ready when they're not. (Ebanks)

Posted on: 4/4 1:59 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Fairmont
Love the progress Sags has made.......but not ready for pro ball

Posted on: 4/4 5:24 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
He would be better off if he stayed in my opinion. It would not surprise me if he left though and i think he would be a late 1st rounder

Posted on: 4/4 5:52 pm

Suspected Punter

Posted on: 4/5 5:35 pm

Suspected Punter
And this kid too. Who is actually very intriguing since he led the nation in steals a couple of seasons ago.

https://twitter.com/ehab_amin4?lang=en

Posted on: 4/5 7:03 pm

Party Machine
From graffenwhor,germany
I seem conflicted. Even with jc and dax leaving WVU has the 11th best odds of winning it all next year. Already being 1 scholarship short something is up with huggs on the recruiting trail for 2018.

I think people are a little hard on bender. He has always been a traditional 4 and was learning how to play 5. That being said towards the end of the year I think routt earned a scholarship. I've read Allen might want to leave(just on Twitter and other boards).

With the commits coming in I don't see that big off a drop off, we should still be a 20+ win team.

Posted on: 4/6 4:33 pm

Pitt Hater
From Chokie Burg
I am excited to see what Derek Culver can do. I read somewhere that he grew 2" in prep school this year. So that would make him 6'10". I would really like to see him and Sags on the floor at the same time. I have a feeling that Esa leaves although I would love to see him stay.

Posted on: 4/6 7:14 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Dunedin FL
I'll put my expert opinion in with everyone else's...neither Sags nor Ahmad would be drafted in the first 2 (only) rounds this year.
Nor should they be, Ahamad hasn't shown enough and Sags has too much to learn yet. Both lack consistency. Sags has a far greater upside, but he's still more potential than proven.

Both of them, and the Mountaineers, would be better served by them staying in the program another year.

Unless...Huggs is fed up with one or the other and ready for them to move on for the chemistry of the team and to open up a scholly for one of those guys he's looking at. He's shown he's not bashful about telling talent to move on (see Eron Harris, etc.) when he thinks it's best for the team.

Ahamad could have flunked another test, too....

No basis, just speculation on a Friday night with some beers under the belt.

Posted on: 4/6 9:49 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Springfield
Quote:

BamaNeer wrote:
I am excited to see what Derek Culver can do. I read somewhere that he grew 2" in prep school this year. So that would make him 6'10". I would really like to see him and Sags on the floor at the same time. I have a feeling that Esa leaves although I would love to see him stay.

Totally agree, he has an NBA body.

Posted on: 4/6 11:36 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Springfield
So a Hypothetical starting lineup could be:
Bolden
Harris 6-8
Ahmad 6-8
Culver 6-10
Sags 6-8

That squad could be the best rebounding team in the nation.

Posted on: 4/6 11:42 pm

Suspected Punter
Read what you want into the last part of this article but in his assessment of next year's team Huggins does not mention Bender.

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/sports/c ... 3f-a319-6940fbabc0ec.html

Posted on: 4/7 4:21 am

(1) 2 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved