How to win in recruiting
Noob
From Swedesboro, NJ

Posted on: 5/3 11:24 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: How to win in recruiting
Pitt Hater
From Spartanburg, SC via Boone County WV
Well, avoid Bob Huggins, if you even remotely, AT ALL, have any kind of thoght slightly immature, any part of your game that can be a scapegoat for his and his staffs lack of ability in taking the OBVIOUS talent that you have shown, on MULTIPLE occassions, and against the very best, and point at your immaturity as why you will almost always be playing in a ddfferent uni next year... OUT OF ALL OF THE THE TRANSFERS out of Bob's teams over the years, this one, AND IT AINT EVEN CLOSE ERON HARRIS, makes me way WAY more sick at heart on a few levels that Mountaineers hold very close to their heart. and, ****, i guess that I am now truly resigned, assuming no additional and decision changing information comes out later, to having an open conversation, as long as it doesnt devolve into a **** twitter like fight, about whether this guy has outlived both his ultimate desire, and-or position as the best guy to represent our wonderful state at this kind of level, with a move like this.... Understand some things. TEDDY WAS VERY VERY VERY TALENTED, EXPECAILLY OFFENSIVELY. probably the most talented scoredr, as a damn sophomore, on our whole team.. Also, understand, he was a STAR in high school, and with that, a LOT of times, comes the same attitude... IT IS A **** COACHES JOB, BASED ON HIS TALENT, to find a damn way to get through to him... Eron Harris/. You CANNNOT will someone to care. You cant force anyone to want to play defense.... Teddy Allen is NOT **** Eron Harris... HE LOVED BEING ON THAT FLOOR. He was a damn true freshman.. So yeah, haters, he had slumps. Yeah, he was mouthy, but he was the ONLY DAMN PLAYER WE HAD, that could create and drive... Bob is a damn idiot for not seeing that... and a bigger one if he did, but just didnt find a way to get over himself and his so strict it hurts the team, bullshit... IF Teddy was a Junior.... then yeah, gone.. If teddy was garbage, then i dont like it (bender being forced out) but i understand. this... well... i am just damn disgusted by this combination of laziness, or maybe stubbornness to change his nonstop yelling tactic, to teach, in game, when one of your best freshmnan in years has flashed some brilliance that had all of Mountaineer nation escited..... Nope.... instead... The stubborn ass foced a show down about a meaningless apology.... AND HE **** GOT IT... Yet, he still stayed balls deep in Teedys every single move out there.. again, FRESHMAN HAVE TO BE TAUGHT AS THEY **** UP.... IN GAME... all i EVER saw being done was LITERALLY screaming or a smartass cuss laiden directive to sit, full "you **** suck" scowl out therr for all to see.... I HAVE BEEN A BOB SUPPORTER, AND EMPATHIZER SINCE BEFORE DAY ONE... I NOW AM RE-EVALUATING WHETHER HE IS EVEN WORTHY OF HOLDING THE WVU HEAD COACHING POSITION... Maybe at **** Pitt.... but we are a state that bristles when someone, even one of our own, challenges the notion that we are all worth each of our very best, because they are human.... He lost that high ground... now, i am so damn upset, i think he should be fired, or (and i dont give a **** about school policy here) i want to see the very, exact, and unavoidable reason that this kid is gone, taking more talent and potential with him, than the incoming class has shown vs Big 12 play.... MARK MY WORDS.. this will come back to haunt him, if no one takes him to task.... Sory. i usuallly takes Bob's side..... NOT HERE

Posted on: 5/3 3:58 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From M
What a jip

Posted on: 5/3 4:11 pm

Pitt Hater
From Spartanburg, SC via Boone County WV
in other news, if you are so blind as to not see the connection, Bob signed another former 4-5 star bust with 2 years to play, reminding us of the good ole productive days of the West virginia icon Aaric Murray.... or wtfe that joke's nake was.... Thanks again Mr 800.. Never, in my life, has my opinion of one largert than life man been so rversed, focussed, and based on available information, and the god given gift of the (well no damn ****) gut feeling.... idc if i get blasted.... ive NEVER bashed huggs... BUT, what a **** hipocrite to drop a talented, hard working, and clearly fun having kid, just because you are either getting too old, bored, or have dropped so low in these kids eyes, that its imossible for you to even make any impact.. This makes losing JC and Miles and their leadership faaaaaaar more impactful and wil affect the team for years upon years, if true.... I am fully disheartened, and it has nothing to do with whether or not we got better with the nwe reject.... Promises were made to a 30ppg hs player, then when he was seemingly growing right in front of our eyes, even bob seems to have forgotten... HES A GODDAMN KID..... and YOU OWE HIM EVERY, AND I DO MEAN EVERY opportunity to succeed.... You made his mind up this year when you lowered yourself to the maturity level of a 11 year old, and had a good ole fashioned stare off, over a goddamn apology... You idiot...You cut kids losse, taking away thier "promised" sholly and currnet home, all in the name of winning... "think Bender" idc if he was underperforming, he was a Goddamn Mountaineer, and as such, we owed him our full support and love.... Nope.. gone cause he "sucked" (in fairness, i never stopped believing that he was the problem... I stood by the idea that no one on the WVU staff was even remotely equiped to handele the problems a very young player, from halfway around the world, who SPEAKS PASSABLE ENGLGISH, and is going to understandabley have confidence problems..) Seems like the same issue of having these coaches that remarkably are the worst equiped people that i have ever seen, IN WEST ViRGINIA to deal with slightly different and posslibly troubled kids...... this was just the most glaring example of a shitty and utterly UN West Virginian way of treating the youngest members of our adopted family.... just unreal

Posted on: 5/3 4:18 pm

Noob
From Elkins
Man your on a heck of a rant for a player that isn't that good, after the three great and he did play three great games teams got a scouting report on him and he was irrelevant the rest of the year. A player that puts his head to the floor and drives right 98% of the time isn't hard to stop, now not saying he couldn't have gotten better and I guess we will see, but it pretty simple play hard for Huggs take his ripping's and an average player will have a shot at the next level.

Posted on: 5/4 10:29 am

Pitt Hater
Here we go again, not only here but in other threads, bashing coach Huggs. I figure the same $hit was going to start, he ain't with the times, he is to strict, he is this, he is that. Wow, he is a disciplinarian and a lot of these young men need it, and guess what - some are not going to like it because they haven't had any for 18-19 years. Now that is the reality. The proof however is in the pudding. He is making better players than they would have been had they been coached somewhere else. Come on guys, the players that stay love him and it shows. I'm not even going to go into how I know this. To boot, because of him, I am sure these young men are better citizens. What more can you ask.

Look at how the ones that stay progress and love him. If they were so scared of him and thought he was such an ogre how in the world do they get away with imitating him or criticize his yelling and or his other numerous antics.

Coach Huggs is the man and don't forget it.

In closing - is he infallible? NO, but, he sure as hell isn't going into the hall of fame because he isn't a great coach.

Posted on: 5/4 11:44 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Dunedin FL
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:
Here we go again, not only here but in other threads, bashing coach Huggs. I figure the same $hit was going to start, he ain't with the times, he is to strict, he is this, he is that. Wow, he is a disciplinarian and a lot of these young men need it, and guess what - some are not going to like it because they haven't had any for 18-19 years. Now that is the reality. The proof however is in the pudding. He is making better players than they would have been had they been coached somewhere else. Come on guys, the players that stay love him and it shows. I'm not even going to go into how I know this. To boot, because of him, I am sure these young men are better citizens. What more can you ask.

Look at how the ones that stay progress and love him. If they were so scared of him and thought he was such an ogre how in the world do they get away with imitating him or criticize his yelling and or his other numerous antics.

Coach Huggs is the man and don't forget it.

In closing - is he infallible? NO, but, he sure as hell isn't going into the hall of fame because he isn't a great coach.

Posted on: 5/4 3:48 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
Jimminey Crickets...Gosh darn it...Name a college basketball fan in the US who WON'T flip on the channel for at least a moment to see a WVU game and see how it's going. Geez! Hello?

Posted on: 5/4 7:12 pm

Here for the Beer
From Baltimore, MD
I'll say what everyone is thinking - MichaelJLucasWV is an idiot.

In a matchup between HOF coach Bobby Huggins, who has turned WVU into a 25 win machine, vs. 3-star recruit Teddy Allen, who is a nice 7th man but one dimensional, this WVU fan is actually siding with Allen.

Really unbelievable.

I like Allen but my win projection for next year, and the next three years, doesn't change one bit with Allen no longer on the team.

Posted on: 5/4 8:44 pm

Pitt Hater
From Chokie Burg
HOF coach vs a 3 star freshman that can't play defense. I think I will take the HOF coach. Maybe we should just go back to the Cale Gatlett days.

Posted on: 5/4 9:04 pm

From Charlottesville, Virginia
The article was about football programs. Huggs coaches basketball.

Posted on: 5/4 9:21 pm

Pitt Hater
From Atlanta, GA
Yea ... there is a lot to the puzzle.

Clemson just built a 60 Million dollar facility with all the bells and whistles.

They are one of the most elusive offers to obtain, we hand out offers like candy.

They have a **** ton of resources and staff devoted to the professional and personal development of their players. They've branded that part of their program well and have a lot of corporate backing that we don't.

They have a social media and edits team that are connecting with players on the mediums they naturally use.

And ... their recent success doesn't hurt.

If you want to win at recruiting at WVU, you need to continue to do what we are doing: Have unusual systems and styles of play and grab the tweeners that don't perfectly fit the other programs, steal a PA, OH, MD kid every now and again, keep the limited in-state talent at home, and supplement with grad transfers and JUCOs.

Last year or the year before (I forget) was one of the best recruiting classes to come out of WV in a long time and we barely got any of the guys from it. Other than that, I really think Dana has done well. This year playing NCState and UT will tell us a lot about the talent we have.

Posted on: 5/5 11:57 am

Pitt Hater
From Athens GA
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
The article was about football programs. Huggs coaches basketball.

Do you SPEAKS PASSABLE ENGLGISH??????

Posted on: 5/5 2:21 pm

Pitt Hater
From Athens GA
Quote:

DirtyDubVee wrote:

If you want to win at recruiting at WVU, you need to continue to do what we are doing: Have unusual systems and styles of play and grab the tweeners that don't perfectly fit the other programs, steal a PA, OH, MD kid every now and again, keep the limited in-state talent at home, and supplement with grad transfers and JUCOs.

This.

Posted on: 5/5 2:23 pm

Here for the Beer
From Charlie West
I get where MichaelJLucasWV is coming from. It's always upsetting to see a good player with all kinds of potential to leave. I really like Allen myself. He brought some toughness and intensity. If anything, he just needed to work on some more fundamentals and his maturity. You could even tell in his interviews that he loves basketball and he's well spoken.

Regardless what anyone thinks of Hugs, his goal is to win or he doesn't have a job just like other coaches in this day and age. Still, this was Teddy's decision to transfer. I wish he would have stayed but I don't look down on him for wanting to leave. This happens in football to. WVU isn't for everyone but it is for the guys like Carter, Miles and for all the other tough and unselfish players before them. Even the JUCOs like Paige and Phillip.

Posted on: 5/5 5:10 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From charleston, wv
Quote:

MichaelJLucasWV wrote:
Well, avoid Bob Huggins, if you even remotely, AT ALL, have any kind of thoght slightly immature, any part of your game that can be a scapegoat for his and his staffs lack of ability in taking the OBVIOUS talent that you have shown, on MULTIPLE occassions, and against the very best, and point at your immaturity as why you will almost always be playing in a ddfferent uni next year... OUT OF ALL OF THE THE TRANSFERS out of Bob's teams over the years, this one, AND IT AINT EVEN CLOSE ERON HARRIS, makes me way WAY more sick at heart on a few levels that Mountaineers hold very close to their heart. and, ****, i guess that I am now truly resigned, assuming no additional and decision changing information comes out later, to having an open conversation, as long as it doesnt devolve into a **** twitter like fight, about whether this guy has outlived both his ultimate desire, and-or position as the best guy to represent our wonderful state at this kind of level, with a move like this.... Understand some things. TEDDY WAS VERY VERY VERY TALENTED, EXPECAILLY OFFENSIVELY. probably the most talented scoredr, as a damn sophomore, on our whole team.. Also, understand, he was a STAR in high school, and with that, a LOT of times, comes the same attitude... IT IS A **** COACHES JOB, BASED ON HIS TALENT, to find a damn way to get through to him... Eron Harris/. You CANNNOT will someone to care. You cant force anyone to want to play defense.... Teddy Allen is NOT **** Eron Harris... HE LOVED BEING ON THAT FLOOR. He was a damn true freshman.. So yeah, haters, he had slumps. Yeah, he was mouthy, but he was the ONLY DAMN PLAYER WE HAD, that could create and drive... Bob is a damn idiot for not seeing that... and a bigger one if he did, but just didnt find a way to get over himself and his so strict it hurts the team, bullshit... IF Teddy was a Junior.... then yeah, gone.. If teddy was garbage, then i dont like it (bender being forced out) but i understand. this... well... i am just damn disgusted by this combination of laziness, or maybe stubbornness to change his nonstop yelling tactic, to teach, in game, when one of your best freshmnan in years has flashed some brilliance that had all of Mountaineer nation escited..... Nope.... instead... The stubborn ass foced a show down about a meaningless apology.... AND HE **** GOT IT... Yet, he still stayed balls deep in Teedys every single move out there.. again, FRESHMAN HAVE TO BE TAUGHT AS THEY **** UP.... IN GAME... all i EVER saw being done was LITERALLY screaming or a smartass cuss laiden directive to sit, full "you **** suck" scowl out therr for all to see.... I HAVE BEEN A BOB SUPPORTER, AND EMPATHIZER SINCE BEFORE DAY ONE... I NOW AM RE-EVALUATING WHETHER HE IS EVEN WORTHY OF HOLDING THE WVU HEAD COACHING POSITION... Maybe at **** Pitt.... but we are a state that bristles when someone, even one of our own, challenges the notion that we are all worth each of our very best, because they are human.... He lost that high ground... now, i am so damn upset, i think he should be fired, or (and i dont give a **** about school policy here) i want to see the very, exact, and unavoidable reason that this kid is gone, taking more talent and potential with him, than the incoming class has shown vs Big 12 play.... MARK MY WORDS.. this will come back to haunt him, if no one takes him to task.... Sory. i usuallly takes Bob's side..... NOT HERE

I pick Bob Huggins every time bro over your analysis, sorry. At least until you have a couple final four runs and are a HOF coach. Oh and BTW he did it at WVU - if Huggins were coaching at a bigger name program he would have won several Natty’s. Do you realize WVU does not get the blue chip guys? Huggins coaches then up... JC had no D1 offers out of HS if memory serves me correct. Two years in a row the national defensive POY. Arguably the best Point Guard to play at WVU in my recent memory.

Posted on: 5/8 10:00 am

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved