We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

Challenge
Pitt Hater
I would like to put up a challenge.

The challenge is simple give me two books or two podcasts or one of each, which reflects your political slant. Warning - I will not read blogs, articles or magazines.

With these books or podcasts I will invest 10 hours of time. Maybe I will learn something, because when I read the responses here, and I paraphrase, I am not listening to you because you are a bully and my feelings are hurt, that type of communication doesn’t cut it. If your feelings are so fragile get another venue to communicate.

Why am I proposing such a challenge? The answer is simple – not one of us has changed our political views, doctrine of party since we started this. At least I am pretty sure. So, the reason I challenge all here to open the mind and listen to someone other than the 10 or so here, is because we are not authors, writers or political commentators who, for obvious reasons, are much better at the written or spoken word.

If you want mine, I will put them out later. I just want to get an idea of what the rest of you think.

Posted on: 7/23 3:22 pm

Re: Challenge
Gettin' Schmitty
From Just barely outside the Beltway.
Podcast: Dan Carlin - Common Sense with Dan Carlin

Livestream: Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, RT, Cheddar.

Yes I'd be interested in your sources too.

Posted on: 7/23 3:36 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Pitt Hater
From Madhattan
Interesting. Good idea. I’ll need to think about what I might choose.

In the meantime - I presume that some of what you wrote above is primarily directed at me. I apologize. I’m also not particularly a fan of that type of argument, but please be aware that I’m doing it for a specific reason, which has absolutely nothing to do with the state of my emotions (quite the opposite, in fact.)

Have a great night!

Posted on: 7/23 7:35 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Interesting. Good idea. I’ll need to think about what I might choose.

In the meantime - I presume that some of what you wrote above is primarily directed at me. I apologize. I’m also not particularly a fan of that type of argument, but please be aware that I’m doing it for a specific reason, which has absolutely nothing to do with the state of my emotions (quite the opposite, in fact.)

Have a great night!

Wrong

Posted on: 7/24 8:27 am

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved