We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 2 (3)

Re: The Big East needs to expand
Pitt Hater
From Beckley, West Virginia
If Notre Lame actually decided to move to the Big East, do you think NBC would cancel the contract they have with Notre Lame?

Posted on: 11/28/2006 10:37 pm

From Boone County, WV
That is a good question. I don't see why it should matter rather or not they're independent, a member of the Big East or what have you.

I remember hearing about a proposed football superconference involving WVU, Notre Dame, Penn State and some other schools. This possibility arose a few years ago and has on and off for many years. I just wonder what this superconference was going to do for Notre Dame that the Big East wasn't going to do. Maybe the Big East should considering changing some things in order to persuade the Gold Domers to sign up.

Posted on: 11/28/2006 11:03 pm

Pitt Hater
From Beckley, West Virginia
I don't think we should change shit around just to get Notre Lame in. Said changes would probably involve them getting a greater amount of money than other schools in the conference, which isn't fair. The idea of the Big East splitting its bowl money between all of the teams probably doesn't exactly tickle Notre Lame's fancy.

Posted on: 11/29/2006 1:28 am

Pitt Hater
From Lexington, KY
Exactly. Right now, Notre Dame gets every penny it receives in bowl money, and every penny of its television contract. It doesn't benefit them to join a conference unless they're going to somehow wind up with more money than they do currently. It doesn't benefit us to add them if we have to give them more than their fair share, because that hurts the other Big East teams financially.

Posted on: 11/29/2006 9:05 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

« 1 2 (3)

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved