We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

(1) 2 3 4 ... 52 »

High School Football

From Boone County, WV
I know we have plenty of people who follow High School Football on this site so I figured I would start this little thread.

Sherman plays Wyoming East tonight in a game that was rescheduled from the opening week due to the death of Wyoming East's assistant coach. Sherman has an entirely new coaching staff this year which add a little bit of interest to this game. Last week the QB had 400 years of total offense and they still lost. If there's another peformance such as this...Sherman could win and win big.

Posted on: 9/13/2008 9:35 am

Re: High School Football

From Alkol, Lincoln County
scott is 2-1, losing to chapmanville last night.. this team probably doesn't have a chance without jordan roberts. sherman should probably take down the skyhawks this year handily.

lincoln county is 2-1 as well, with a winning record for the first time ever.. wins over sissonville and winfield. they're not that shabby..but then again sissonville is AA and winfield just moved up to AAA this year.

Posted on: 9/13/2008 11:38 am

Pitt Hater
From Spring Hill, WV
Pocahontas County 3-0!!!!

What has happened to Parkersburg? Did you guys lose everyone?

Posted on: 9/13/2008 5:15 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Makin' it Rain
From South Charleston
Well Parkersburg got beat by South Charleston that may have the best group of skill players in the state. They have a 6' 3" receiver that is fast and has good hands, plus he is tough...and he is a first team all-state basketball player. His name is Dobson and he could play D-I and don't know if WVU is interested or not. SC also has a LB, fullback named Slusher and he is an animal...if he was little bit taller he would be a heck of a D-I player.

Posted on: 9/13/2008 5:36 pm

Pitt Hater
From Parkersburg, WV
Parkersburg lost a LOT of players from the Championship team last year. It also doesn't help that the young team plays the first 4 games on the road. Still, didn't expect to be 0-3.

Parkersburg South at 2-1 has won 2 more games than they won all of last year. Of course those two wins were against pathetically weak out of state teams, so they technically shouldn't count.

Williamstown is undefeated, which is how they will probably remain until they meet Wheeling Central in the championship game. Williamstown hasn't lost a regular season game to an in-state opponent since the Roosevelt Administration. At least that's how long it seems.

Posted on: 9/13/2008 5:50 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Morgantown

Posted on: 9/13/2008 6:28 pm

Open in new window
Open in new window "Lou Holtz spits, Mark May swallows"

From Alkol, Lincoln County
williamstown should just be moved up to AA. i remember them, moorefield, and wheeling catholic were all at the max of students for a school to be in class A, and this happens year after year. i'm surprised the wvssac hasn't looked into it. time to let someone else win class A already!

Posted on: 9/13/2008 6:42 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Williamstown, WV
You want someone else to win Single A? Then we need to band together to get these damn private schools...cough cough....Wheeling Central....into their own division. Hell, they recruit their major talent, and they have three states to pick from!!! It's no wonder they win every year!
I guess I'm biased though....GO JACKETS!!!!
Williamstown had a 58 game regular season winning streak until last year, but they still played (got demolished) in the championship. They're just good, I don't know how to explain it. The school is small, and last year was supposed to be a rebuilding year with much less talent. I cannot explain it, but I love walking 2-3 blocks to the field to watch them kick ass on Friday nights!!!

Posted on: 9/13/2008 8:00 pm

Pitt Hater
From Parkersburg, WV
Frank, that loss was to Belpre, right? If so, their regular season in-state winning streak is still intact.

Posted on: 9/13/2008 8:17 pm

Pitt Hater
From Grafton
The in-state winning streak for Wheeling Central is still intact, but Ansted High School who had the winning streak record from 70-73 did play a few out of state schools so their record is still safe.

Anyways, how 'bout my #1 Grafton Bearcats in AA?

Posted on: 9/14/2008 1:44 pm

Pitt Hater
From Spring Hill, WV

Posted on: 9/14/2008 6:26 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From parkersburg WV
Here is the link for Population for Single A schools

http://www.wvssac.org/new_site/wvssac ... ctoryhscodesandclassA.htm

Posted on: 9/14/2008 6:49 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From parkersburg WV
Parkersburg Catholic only has 95 kids.

Posted on: 9/14/2008 6:50 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Hilo, Hawaii
nice to see my huntington highlanders are representing.....
or not....

hey- does anyone know what ever happened with oh what's his face--- you know, the QB from HHS we are sorta recruiting for another position, but Wake and Marshall maybe offered for QB try or something--- and he transferred to Hurricane??? I can't remember his name right now.....
Anyhow, I had heard they made him transfer back to Huntington- is that correct?

Posted on: 9/14/2008 8:08 pm

Makin' it Rain
From South Charleston
WVUGirl2003 he transfered to Nitro and then transfered back to HHS before practice started. His name is Crawford and he is supposed to be quite the athlete...I have not seen him play, but will when they play South Charleston later in the year.

Posted on: 9/14/2008 8:12 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Hilo, Hawaii
Thanks!

Posted on: 9/14/2008 8:13 pm

From Boone County, WV
Sherman got clobbered last night. They played pretty flat. I don't know what happened. They were awesome last weekend.

Yeah that Crawford kid went back to Huntington, the WVSSAC was onto that situation really heavy so it's hard to tell what happened there.

Posted on: 9/14/2008 8:23 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Morgantown

Posted on: 9/14/2008 8:30 pm

Open in new window
Open in new window "Lou Holtz spits, Mark May swallows"

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Williamstown, WV
wvugirl, your Homer kicks sooooo much ass!!!!

Anyone going to the Willamstown game this Friday? I'll be there with the other four, wife and three kids, in tow. My little girl is excited to watch the Jackets again.

Speak up if you'll be there, and maybe we can meet to introduce ourselves, and talk about the beating that WVU put on Colorado the night before!!!!

Posted on: 9/14/2008 9:04 pm

Party Machine
From West Virginia
mark it down Keyser will play Wayne for AA title

Posted on: 9/14/2008 9:11 pm

(1) 2 3 4 ... 52 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me