We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 52 »

Re: High School Football
Party Machine
From West Virginia
i dont like it at all that we hav to sched out or state teams, altho it does help to size up your team, ya just dont see enough interstate rival games tween north n south!

Posted on: 9/21/2008 10:32 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Morgantown
might as well mention my alumni , even though that got there butts kicked by grafton the first game, they seem to be playing pretty good, was ranked 8th in the AA, but i seen one team lost ahead of them, I imagion they will move up to 7, my brother is one of the coach's, but last year they were up there high, and finused bad, so i'm not going to brag them up yet ha, guess its a bit of a riddle who it is, im sure grafton knows ha I seen they played a team from pa last week, thats something new

Posted on: 9/21/2008 11:25 am

Open in new window
Open in new window "Lou Holtz spits, Mark May swallows"

Pitt Hater
From charleston, wv
GO CAPITAL!!

Posted on: 9/21/2008 12:01 pm

Party Machine
From West Virginia
Ha Ha, the home of steve reed and coach Hicks, i had the pleasure of meeting both an i think they are 2 great guys! its a shame steve injuries kept him off da field at wvu

Posted on: 9/21/2008 12:26 pm

Party Machine
From West Virginia
is keon wright da real deal been hearing he is? I hope so?!

Posted on: 9/21/2008 12:31 pm

Pitt Hater
From charleston, wv
Quote:

Biggs wrote:
is keon wright da real deal been hearing he is? I hope so?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFGK44mKuQw

keep in mind these are his freshman highlights. 14 years old. hes a sophomore now. I think he will be d1 by his senior year. I know he has like 800yds in 3 games this year.

some really good highlights about 3 min in

Posted on: 9/21/2008 1:00 pm

Noob
From Keyser, WV
smasports,

I see you think Grafton will stay number #1 if they win out! Well let me give you some facts that will back-up my opinion that KEYSER will finish #1 when they win-out! Grafton plays 2- AAA, 7-AA, & 1-A teams! Keyser plays 5-AAA, 3-AA, & 1-A teams! According to WV attendace regulations, 3 out of the 4 Maryland schools Keyser plays are considered AAA points in WV! It's a shame Keyser has only 9 games on their schedule but that just shows teams won't play em'!

By-the-way!! Keyser only has 3 home games this year!!

Posted on: 9/21/2008 6:09 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Williamstown, WV
Quote:

smasports wrote:
Frankthetank,

Grafton sends their best regards :)

You going to visit this sleepy lil town for the slaughter.....I mean, game?

Posted on: 9/21/2008 7:11 pm

Pitt Hater
From Grafton
Frankthetank, I will be making the trek to Williamstown here in a few weeks with my father, wife, and daughter. I am not going to talk smack at all, we will just let the boys slug it out on the field. If you see a baldheaded guy with some WVU gear on at the game with his family then you should come over and say hi. Check my profile picture for a reference. Anyways, it should be a great game and there will be a HUGE turnout if both teams are still ranked #1 in their respective classes.

And wv_fan, Grafton used to play 7 AAA teams every year until recently. A few years ago they rearranged the 2 local conferences (the Big 10 which Grafton is in and the NCAC). When that happened a few of Grafton's AAA teams had to reschedule to meet WVSSAC regulations and Grafton had to do the same of course. Anyways, the reason I believe they will stay #1 is due to their strength of schedule. They've already beaten Frankfort and Philip-Barbour (both of which were #8 when we beat them), and we play Single-A #1 Williamstown in a few weeks. Throw in Robert C. Byrd, Magnolia, and a few other ranked schools and we will be good to go. The only obstacle I see is our bye week in 2 weeks. But who knows how the points will ultimately factor out, I will just be happy landing in the Top-4 with home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Go Bearcats.

Posted on: 9/21/2008 11:12 pm

Makin' it Rain
From sunset beach, nc
Well, North Myrtle just rallied in the second half against Mullins to win their third straight, after that poor showing in week one to Conway. It's looking like we'll probably win our conference...at least we should.

Go Chiefs!!!

Posted on: 9/22/2008 5:35 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Williamstown, WV
I'll definitely catch up and introduce myself. That place is so small, I can probably pick you out from across the field!!
Looking forward to it, though. It should be an awesome game.....that is, if W'town doesn't turnover the way they did this past Fri night....

Posted on: 9/22/2008 11:06 am

Party Machine
From Mannington, WV
Biggs wrote:

"sma, your exactly rite, i hav a serious northern bias lol and im glad you do 2, there are good teams in da south, but there's a reason North Marion and Musselman were able to win title's wit 6-4 records entering the playoffs, you routinely see inflated 9-1's gettin bumped early from southern teams!"

North Marion never won a title going into the playoffs at 6-4. The last time we won in 1997, we were 9-1 going into the playoffs which meant a final record of 13-1, and 1980 the final record was 13-0 and 1981 was 12-1 I believe.

Posted on: 9/23/2008 12:54 am

Pitt Hater
From Grafton
Correct. I believe Musselmen is still the only team that has ever won the state championship (in any class) from the #16 spot.

Posted on: 9/23/2008 3:20 am

Pitt Hater
From charleston, wv
I went to a game up at musselman. Capital High vs Musselman....ot i think. oh yeah...CAPITAL WON!!

Posted on: 9/23/2008 11:41 am

Party Machine
From Mannington, WV
I think 1990 was the first year that 16 teams were included in the playoffs in each class. Has Musselman won since then?

The first #16 seed to beat a #1 was when North Marion beat John Marshall in 1992.

Posted on: 9/23/2008 12:22 pm

Party Machine
From West Virginia
yea my long term memory failed me again, for some reason i thought marion won it in 92 when they beat JM 1st rd, i was a senior dat yr an we scrimmaged marion my frosh-soph yr, they stomped us, it did make the 16 team playoff justified rite off da bat!

Posted on: 9/23/2008 8:03 pm

Suspected Punter
From Inwood, WV
No, Musselman has not won since 1995 and thats the year the were the #16 seed damn i was only 6 lol.. Since we have been in AAA we havent been to the playoffs since 2001.. but we look pretty good this year GO APPLEMEN

Posted on: 9/24/2008 1:28 pm

Pitt Hater
From Grafton
Yeah I always wondered what happened to Musselman in the last few years. Grafton and Musselman always had some classic battles throughout the years, splitting most of the games.

Posted on: 9/26/2008 1:07 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Morgantown
http://www.wvmetronews.com/gamenight/scoreboard.cfm, few good games a going, pb is kicking but, i see keyser is down, ....

east fairmont , bridgeport going into over time now

... bridgeport sqeaked it out, i see keyser came back and won, ravenswood lost so pb should move up another

Posted on: 9/26/2008 8:37 pm

Open in new window
Open in new window "Lou Holtz spits, Mark May swallows"

Pitt Hater
From Grafton
Unfortunately I was hoping Keyser would lose (sorry Biggs). Tyler did upset #5 Ravenswood and since Grafton destroyed Tyler last week I'm hoping that solidifies our #1 ranking. Also (2) teams that we've previously beaten (Philippi and Frankfort) both picked up wins tonight so that helps also.

Go Bearcats.

Posted on: 9/26/2008 9:19 pm

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 52 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved