We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

(1) 2 »

marty's 09-10 weekly nfl prediction thread

From Alkol, Lincoln County
time for my 4th annual nfl picks thread!

woo!

please, please, contain your composure everyone.

the ever so popular thread in which i make picks each week of games. a reminder; i do not base any pick on gambling odds or predictions from other sources, just my own opinion.

WEEK 1

Tennessee at Pittsburgh: titans lost haynesworth, steelers won the superbowl, yeah i wonder who i'm picking. 23-14, steelers.

Miami at Atlanta: i'm hoping the wild-pat breaks loose, but i think atlanta will bust loose. 27-20, falcons.

Philadelphia at Carolina: there won't be any vick, but the eagles are still scarier than the panthers. 24-17, eagles.

Denver at Cincinnati: brandon marshall is liable to put on a bengals jersey. no really, i'm serious. 27-13, bengals.

Minnesota at Cleveland: this should be nasty. it doesn't matter who will start at qb, the browns will still lose. and for the record, please start quinn so you can suck more. 34-10, vikings.

N.Y. Jets at Houston: sanchez has the keys to the car! too bad it's a '92 ford taurus and the texans have a mustang. 28-14, texans.

Jacksonville at Indianapolis: the coaching changes, age, and roster attrition are hurting the colts.. but they still are more of a threat than the jaguars. 23-16, colts.

Detroit at New Orleans: yea, stafford starting is a mistake but the lions are a mistake anyway. 24-10, saints.

Dallas at Tampa Bay: if this game was happening in december, i would pick it the other way around. 21-20, cowboys.

Kansas City at Baltimore: tony gonzolez finally has a qb.. oh wait, he's gone. 17-7, ravens.

San Francisco at Arizona: the savvy old school uni's won't help the 49ers against the team that was 3 inches away from winning the superbowl. 28-10, cardinals.

Washington at N.Y. Giants: giants will hold on, redskins aren't that bad. 23-20, giants.

St. Louis at Seattle: seattle has it's offense back, and that's all they need. 24-13, seahawks.

Chicago at Green Bay: at first, i thought the bears would be the top of the nfc north, then the vikings got favre. and cutler and hester can't carry the bears by themselves. 21-16, packers.

Buffalo at New England: buffalo, a nice place for t.o. to quietly go away.. and tom brady is back. 31-17, patriots.

San Diego at Oakland: how anyone can pick oakland to be good this year is beyond me. 17-6, chargers.

Posted on: 9/8/2009 2:54 pm

Re: marty's 09-10 weekly nfl prediction thread

From Boone County, WV
Means it's only time for the fourth annual posting of this.

Open in new window

Posted on: 9/8/2009 3:35 pm

it wouldn't be the same without it

Posted on: 9/8/2009 7:16 pm

11-3. not bad, especially for opening sunday.. now for tonight's games.

even if the redonkulous immaculate fml catch had went through for the bengals hadn't happened.. still shouldn't have been in that position. all that talent, and they still can't score but 1 td. time for the offensive coordinator to go, because the marvin lewis farewell tour has begun.

since that was the only game i watched/was out of the house the day for the late games and haven't seen highlights, i can't give my review of other teams.

Posted on: 9/14/2009 3:25 pm

13-3 for opening week, not bad.

WEEK 2

Houston at Tennessee: neither team are as good as they were last year, but at least the titans are still playoff contenders. 20-13, titans.

New Orleans at Philadelphia: this game went from exciting to dullness with the crack of mcnabb's rib. 28-20, saints.

Arizona at Jacksonville: hopefully the cardiac cards will regain their mojo before it's too late. 20-10, cardinals.

Oakland at Kansas City: the chiefs let the ravens get that many points? 24-16, raiders.

Cincinnati at Green Bay: note to the bengals-throw to chris henry. he'll catch the ball more than caldwell and cosby drop it. 20-14, packers.

Minnesota at Detroit: the super vikings take on the lowly lions! 40-10, vikings.

St. Louis at Washington: how is bulger supposed to win when his recievers are getting released and traded? 17-7, redskins.

New England at N.Y. Jets: rex ryan can call out the fans. tom brady can handle them. 27-21, patriots.

Carolina at Atlanta: jake delhomme has lost his talent. 31-14, falcons.

Tampa Bay at Buffalo: the team that lost to the cowboys or the team that was 2 points away from beating the patriots. 21-17, bills.

Seattle at San Francisco: hope san fran doesn't ride the high of beating the super bowl losers too long. 20-14, seahawks.

Baltimore at San Diego: got to believe with tomlinson being hampered with injury, that the ravens will key in on sproles. 24-20, ravens.

Pittsburgh at Chicago: let's hope the steelers appreciate the fact jay cutler plays for the opposite team every week. 28-10, steelers.

Cleveland at Denver: the fact the browns played the super vikings close is the reason i picked them. 21-13, browns.

N.Y. Giants at Dallas: the old stadium closed with a loss, this one will open with one. 31-23, giants.

Indianapolis at Miami: i'm starting to think the colts aren't what they used to be, not even near it. and the premiere of par white on monday night football. 26-21, dolphins.

Posted on: 9/16/2009 3:49 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From ohio via Panther WV
And god for bid, please no one post your own picks on here cause it brings out the worst in young Mr. Saul.
http://www.wemustignitethiscouch.com/ ... t_id=30155#forumpost30155

Just scroll down to the 4th post. a lot of lolz right there.

Posted on: 9/16/2009 4:09 pm

I-79 Alumni
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

9-6 so far.. not bad, not great, but it's a winning weekend..

i bite, what can i say southy. haha.

Posted on: 9/21/2009 4:18 pm

From Boone County, WV
Time for it's yearly apperance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kle_m3TtMaU

Posted on: 9/21/2009 8:48 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From ohio via Panther WV
Beast we need a Mark Snyder type Dan Hawkins bit. And if you can please dig up the Mark Snyder Death ship thread. Some of our new brothers and sisters need to see that.

Posted on: 9/21/2009 9:48 pm

I-79 Alumni

Pitt Hater
From Morgantown, WV
Marty I see one fatal flaw in your predictions...you keep picking against the 49ers. Obviously they are the team to beat!!

Give me a break - its been a long time since we've been 2-0 and I'm flying high

Posted on: 9/22/2009 2:26 pm

From Boone County, WV
Quote:
Beast we need a Mark Snyder type Dan Hawkins bit. And if you can please dig up the Mark Snyder Death ship thread. Some of our new brothers and sisters need to see that.

Hmm I'm going to have to whip one of those up.

In the meantime I'll try to find the Mark Snyder thing again and it's sequel (or sequels..I can't remember if there was 1 sequel or 2)

Posted on: 9/22/2009 3:17 pm

glad to see you guys are having fun

9-7 on the week, 22-10 on the year. kind of found out things we already knew and stuff we didn't even think of.

WEEK 3

Kansas City at Philadelphia: vick's first week of eligiblity.. he won't have an effect. 27-10, eagles.

Cleveland at Baltimore: brady quinn? great decision. 30-13, ravens.

N.Y. Giants at Tampa Bay: the gianst won't have romo throwing to him this game. 24-14, giants.

Atlanta at New England: matty ice returns home..sorta. and bellicheck will be out for blood. 31-30, patriots.

Tennessee at N.Y. Jets: last season is a repeat of this season, only with different jets qb and coach. 28-23, jets.

Green Bay at St. Louis: really, the packers blew it last week. 27-7, packers.

San Francisco at Minnesota: the 49ers are better, i'll admit, but they play the unbeatable super vikings! 26-20, vikings.

Jacksonville at Houston: they snuck last week's win out, there won't be any sneaking this week. 21-10, texans.

Washington at Detroit: the redskins were asking for this pick. 17-14, lions.

Chicago at Seattle: poor seattle, wallace is not hasselback. 20-14, bears.

New Orleans at Buffalo: i don't think the saints are thaw awesome, they just play bad defenses. 35-17, saints.

Miami at San Diego: until the dolphins use a passing attack, they won't win games. 21-17, chargers.

Denver at Oakland: denver, how did you win your own civil war? 27-17, broncos.

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati: antwan odom is still sacking aaron rodgers. no troy, the bengals won against a team that beat the bears, which just beat the steelers. 20-14, bengals.

Indianapolis at Arizona: peyton snuck out a win, again. heard of that before? 30-28, colts.

Carolina at Dallas: delhomme and romo are fighting to hurt their own team more, heel deflected passes included. 23-17, cowboys.

Posted on: 9/23/2009 7:54 pm

how bout them bengals

15-1 on the week, 37-11 on the year. awesome week.

WEEK 4

Detroit at Chicago: the lions will attempt to start a new streak, and fail. 24-10, bears.

Seattle at Indianapolis: this is just 2008 redux for the seahawks. 23-13, colts.

Tampa Bay at Washington: you don't lose to the worst team and expect me to pick for you. 14-7, buccaneers.

Baltimore at New England: this is going to be a really good game. edge to the home team. 20-14, patriots.

N.Y. Giants at Kansas City: and this is going to be a bad game. 30-10, giants.

Tennessee at Jacksonville: do the titans finally get on the board with a win? 24-17, titans.

Oakland at Houston: jamarcus russel sucks? who knew? 21-7, texans.

Cincinnati at Cleveland: shockingly, the browns are changing quarterbacks. 30-17, bengals.

Buffalo at Miami: methinks the dolphins are 2007-esque. 23-14, bills.

N.Y. Jets at New Orleans: this has the ability to be a high scoring game. i think the saints have the edge at home and the jets aren't playing a division or conference game. 34-23, saints.

Dallas at Denver: i don't know what to think about this game. 24-23, broncos.

St. Louis at San Francisco: i'm finally picking the 49ers! 21-10, 49ers.

San Diego at Pittsburgh: the chargers will think it's already winter in pittsburgh. do you think the stillers are pissed fome losing to the bangals? yes. 17-13, steelers.

Green Bay at Minnesota: the amazing super-vikings did it again! they're unstoppable! /end sarcasm. 24-20, vikings.

Byes: Cardinals, Falcons, Panthers, Eagles

Posted on: 9/30/2009 7:09 pm

11-3 on the week, 48-14 on the year.

WEEK 5

Cincinnati at Baltimore: the bengals are on a 3 game win streak, and my favorite team, so i pick them..right? no. 27-23, ravens.

Oakland at N.Y. Giants: the nfl schedulers are generious to the giants. 30-13, giants.

Dallas at Kansas City: the cowboys look good against bad teams, which they play one this week. 27-14, cowboys.

Washington at Carolina: talk about teams that shoot themselves in the foot.. 17-14, redskins.

Minnesota at St. Louis: the super vikings and super favre! woo! (always full of sarcasm) 34-10, vikings.

Tampa Bay at Philadelphia: probably a closer game than it should be. 22-14, eagles.

Pittsburgh at Detroit: congrats on almost blowing a massive lead sunday night. 28-17, steelers.

Cleveland at Buffalo: the most entertaining game this weekend! (more sarcasm) 16-10, bills.

Atlanta at San Francisco: hard to pick this one. picking this one due to crabtree signing and at home. 30-21, 49ers.

Houston at Arizona: two teams going in opposite directions. 23-17, texans.

New England at Denver: this game will prove the bronco's worthiness. 21-14, patriots.

Jacksonville at Seattle: another tough game to pick, but i think wallace has the tools and jaguars doesn't. 24-21, seahawks.

Indianapolis at Tennessee: yea, about that tennessee comeback the analysts predicted.. um no. 28-13, colts.

N.Y. Jets at Miami: okay so, the jets aren't that great, but the dolphins aren't either. 24-16, jets.

Byes: Bears, Packers, Saints, Chargers

Posted on: 10/7/2009 5:51 pm

7-7 on the week, 55-21 on the year. we're finding out who is who, finally.

WEEK 6

Houston at Cincinnati: the cardiac cats. please, just once, i hope they win the game before the two minute warning. 24-14, bengals.

Detroit at Green Bay: this game has potential to be close than it really is. detroit isn't laying down. 24-20, packers.

St. Louis at Jacksonville: oh yay. not. probably a blackout game. 20-14, jaguars.

Baltimore at Minnesota: the ravens defense has flaws, personal fouls too. the super vikings are super! 28-17, vikings.

N.Y. Giants at New Orleans: game of the weekend. the giants have been playing patsy teams.. the saints waxed the jets. 33-20, saints.

Cleveland at Pittsburgh: the steelers might get back parker and polly, finally. 21-13, steelers.

Carolina at Tampa Bay: eventually carolina will wake up, right? 21-10, panthers.

Kansas City at Washington: this is a barnburner! not. 17-13, redskins.

Philadelphia at Oakland: vick vs. convicts. just kidding. they're all the same, really. no talent, useless, busts. 35-7, eagles.

Arizona at Seattle: hasselback is back.. again. owen will probably hit his head.. again. 30-27, seahawks.

Tennessee at New England: yes, football gods will be nice and not let the precious brady lose twice in a row. 27-17, patriots.

Buffao at N.Y. Jets: will the jet bandwagon now crash and burn after to straight losses? 27-10, jets.

Chicago at Atlanta: this could decide nfc wildcard later. 31-17, falcons.

Denver at San Diego: watch it.. the week i pick the broncos, they'll lose. 28-17, broncos.

Byes: Cowboys, Colts, Dolphins, 49ers

Posted on: 10/14/2009 7:47 pm

9-5 on the week, 64-26 on the year.

WEEK 7

Green Bay at Cleveland: this week, the browns lose twice. to the flu and the packers. 24-13, packers.

San Diego at Kansas City: hopefully the chargers will realize they cannot have another slump. 27-16, chargers.

Indianapolis at St. Louis: won't be nearly as epic as pats-titans, but similar. 38-10, colts.

New England at Tampa Bay: 59-0 is just absurd. that does not make anyone think you're 'back', you just want to prove you're not.. great, you get to play another horrible team to prove it more. 40-7, patriots.

Minnesota at Pittsburgh: play this game 10 times, and both teams would probably win 5 each. 23-21, vikings.

San Francisco at Houston: i think the texans finally stop the pattern of winning one week and losing the next. 24-17, texans.

Buffalo at Carolina: both teams won last week. the bill's was more fluky. 23-17, panthers.

N.Y. Jets at Oakland: the jets take on the oakland pigeons.. the last time a bird met a plane, the bird was shredded and the plane crashed in a river. 14-10, jets.

Chicago at Cincinnati: maybe the bengals' defense will show up this week. afterall, they don't face a bigtime recieving threat. 21-14, bengals.

Atlanta at Dallas: this might prove that dallas is really a bad team or a decent team. i'm thinking the former. 24-20, falcons.

New Orleans at Miami: why are people still doubting the saints? 34-20, saints.

Arizona at N.Y. Giants: what cardinals team will show up this week. wait, the one that loses to the giants. 31-21, giants.

Philadelphia at Washington: really, you lost to the raiders? redeem yourselves this week. 20-10, eagles.

Byes: Ravens, Broncos, Lions, Jaguars, Seahawks, Titans

Posted on: 10/21/2009 7:48 pm

9-4 on the week, 73-30 on the year. and i promise i won't pick the bengals this week.

WEEK 8

Seattle at Dallas: seattle might be wishing they had the 12th man in this game. 27-23, cowboys.

Houston at Buffalo: so right now, the texans could make their very first playoffs. too bad they don't start right now. 30-21, texans.

St. Louis at Detroit: everyone thought this could be the lions first win, when it could really be the rams' 24-17, lions.

Denver at Baltimore: i'm just waiting for the broncos to slip up. 17-13, broncos.

N.Y. Giants at Philadelphia: both of these teams need to decide if they want to win or not. 28-21, giants.

Miami at N.Y. Jets: have the jets crashed? the ronnie browns are hoping so. 24-17, dolphins.

Cleveland at Chicago: if the bears show up to this game, they might actually win it. 21-14, bears.

San Francisco at Indianapolis: are the colts really that good? probably. 35-20, colts.

Jacksonville at Tennessee: people immediately talk about the raiders, rams, or redskins as having problems.. but what about the titans? 21-10, jaguars.

Oakland at San Diego: i just have to ignore the fact the raiders managed to beat the eagles. 34-16, chargers.

Minnesota at Green Bay: the game favre has been waiting for since he retired.. 5 or 6 times ago.. you know, when he left the packers. 30-20, vikings.

Carolina at Arizona: last time this happened, the cards kind made carolina feel blue. 27-17, cardinals.

Atlanta at New Orleans: this could be an aerial war, but the saints can also march. 34-23, saints.

Byes: Bengals, Chiefs, Patriots, Steelers, Buccaneers, Redskins

Posted on: 10/29/2009 5:09 am

7-6 on the week, 80-36 on the year.

WEEK 9

Baltimore at Cincinnati: i figure they did it once, could do it again. 27-21, bengals.

Houston at Indianapolis: slaton got benched last week for fumbleitus and moats shined. this week he'll play against a tougher team. 31-21, colts.

Green Bay at Tampa Bay: battle of the bays in this classic nfc central matchup. just classic. classic result. 34-13, packers.

Arizona at Chicago: cardinals have too many threats. 31-20, cardinals.

Kansas City at Jacksonville: game of the weak. 21-14, jaguars.

Miami at New England: the patriots figured out the wildcat, right? 28-24, patriots.

Washington at Atlanta: matty ice gets back on track against the team no one wants to be called the redskins. 24-10, falcons.

Carolina at New Orleans: you know, maybe the saints aren't that good.. they do play a lot of crappy teams. 37-16, saints.

Detroit at Seattle: well i guess after one win the lions call it a year. 21-10, seahawks.

Tennessee at San Francisco: jeff fisher is a winner again. but then he'll lose again. 27-17, 49ers.

San Diego at N.Y. Giants: although the giants are liable to lose this game too, their fall has to stop sometime. 20-14, giants.

Dallas at Philadelphia: for the nfc east lead, the cowboys will blow it. 28-23, eagles.

Pittsburgh at Denver: the broncos finally got exposed. 24-16, steelers.

Byes: Bills, Browns, Vikings, Jets, Raiders, Rams

Posted on: 11/4/2009 8:50 pm

9-4 on the week, 89-40 on the year

WEEK 10

Chicago at San Francisco: these two are underwhelming, so i'll lean towards the home team. 24-17, 49ers.

Detroit at Minnesota: this could be bad. 34-13, vikings.

Denver at Washington: the broncos are falling! good thing they play the redskins. 20-7, broncos.

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh: worked earlier, let's see if they can do it again. 27-26, bengals.

Atlanta at Carolina: the panthers try and the panthers fail. 27-17, falcons.

Tampa Bay at Miami: is it weird that i actually liked the cream-cicle jerseys? 28-14, dolphins.

New Orleans at St. Louis: this could be nasty, hopefully there's some mercy. 40-10, saints.

Jacksonville at N.Y. Jets: here is an intriguing game. not. 23-14, jets.

Buffalo at Tennessee: looks like the vince young bandwagon is getting bigger. 24-13, titans.

Kansas City at Oakland: do i have to pick one? 17-16, raiders.

Dallas at Green Bay: wow, the cowboys are getting better and the packers are sucking. 28-21, cowboys.

Seattle at Arizona: i think the cardinals are the team to beat.. we'll see. 17-14, cardinals.

Philadelphia at San Diego: the eagles are wanting to miss the playoffs, aren't they? 21-17, chargers.

New England at Indianapolis: will these two ever NOT play each other? 35-31, colts.

Baltimore at Cleveland: and this game is a monday night game? 38-14, ravens.

Byes: Texans, Giants

Posted on: 11/10/2009 9:02 pm

10-5 on the week, 99-45 on the year. oh, and who dey.

WEEK 11

Miami at Carolina: the 'ronnie browns' will just be the 'chad henne sucks' thursday. 28-20, panthers.

Pittsburgh at Kansas City: not to fret steeler fans, your guys get a win this week. 35-14, steelers.

New Orleans at Tampa Bay: wonder if the saints will play down to their opponents level yet again. 34-21, saints.

Atlanta at N.Y. Giants: the fall of these two is surprising. 20-14, giants.

Buffalo at Jacksonville: how can anyone blame the bills' sucking on T.O.. they sucked to begin with. 21-14, jaguars.

Indianapolis at Baltimore: the colts return to baltimore again. too bad they can't give their record to the baltimore team. 31-14, colts.

Seattle at Minnesota: too bad holmgren isn't still leading the seahawks or espn would have a reason to pimp this game with favreness too. 30-17, vikings.

Cleveland at Detroit: can't we just flip a coin to give a team the win so we don't have to see them play? 17-7, lions.

Washington at Dallas: dallas has lost to the broncos and packers, who also lost to horrible teams.. one of which is the redskins. 24-20, cowboys.

San Francisco at Green Bay: this game isn't the same without favre and rice. 27-24, packers.

Arizona at St. Louis: what's this? the rams actually playing competitive games? 24-13, cardinals.

N.Y. Jets at New England: hmm, don't see rexy calling all the jets fans this week. 20-10, patriots.

Cincinnati at Oakland: hopefully the bengals won't blow their lead against crappy teams. 31-13, bengals.

San Diego at Denver: what was going to happen is finally happening. 28-20, chargers.

Philadelphia at Chicago: it's funny, these two are actually playoff contenders if they want to be. 20-14, eagles.

Tennessee at Houston: wonder if ole bud will flip off the texans this week. 23-21, texans.

Posted on: 11/18/2009 9:14 pm

(1) 2 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved