We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

(1) 2 3 4 ... 135 »

List of Annoyances

From Boone County, WV
Well I'll start this list. Everybody throw some in. There are many things that annoy me. Not in any certain order:

1. Tailgaters- No I'm not talking about the friendly drunk people er fans at football games. I'm talking about tailgaters in the asstroll who's been riding your.. well ass for the past fifteen minutes despite the fact that you're already going 60 in a 50 zone. I can understand if somebody is going 40 in a 55 but I'm not sure why these idiots think they're so much better than everyone else. This is even worse at night..I swear the next vehicle I get is going to have retractable mirrors in the back window.

2. Local Radio Stations- I'm sorry but the Charleston area radio stations (sans V100 who plays the WVU games and 580CHS who plays the rest of the sports stuff including the Reds) suck a huge ass. There's one (Charleston folk probably know which one) who will say "Here's a new one from the Pussycat Dolls..Don't Cha". They do this crap all the time. They also take requests and take forever to play them. The local DJs also seem to take pleasure in making asses of themselves. (this could be a category in itself.

103CIR in Beckley gets an honorable mention in this category...Paul and Rob seem to be gone now. They had the best morning show I had ever heard. I guess that wasn't good enough for the bastards who run that station. Idiots.

3. High School Athletic Spectators- There's nothing I hate worse than going to a damn high school game and listening to parents whine the whole time about how their son or daughter should be playing instead of some other guy. When asked they never can tell you who should sit so their kid can play, the kid who scores 30 points a game or the guy who just dunked. If you don't like it, take your kid to somewhere like Van or Hannan High where there's like six kids on the team and leave the rest of us alone.

4. People Who Think They're Better Than Everyone Else- Everyone knows someone like this. The chick that think's she's the good Lord's gift to men...the guy who knows everything (but is really an idiot). Trust me someone's better looking than you and you really don't know anything. Governor Joe would get a definite vote from me if he would make it law that we could just legally beat some of these people. Call your legislator or congressional rep now.

Well there's some..when I think of more I'll post them.

Posted on: 1/23/2007 10:21 pm

Re: List of Annoyances
Here for the Beer
From Bridgeport, WV
Quote:

BeastoftheEast wrote:

2. Local Radio Stations- I'm sorry but the Charleston area radio stations (sans V100 who plays the WVU games and 580CHS who plays the rest of the sports stuff including the Reds) suck a huge ass. There's one (Charleston folk probably know which one) who will say "Here's a new one from the Pussycat Dolls..Don't Cha". They do this crap all the time. They also take requests and take forever to play them. The local DJs also seem to take pleasure in making asses of themselves. (this could be a category in itself.

103CIR in Beckley gets an honorable mention in this category...Paul and Rob seem to be gone now. They had the best morning show I had ever heard. I guess that wasn't good enough for the bastards who run that station. Idiots.

This is one of the many reasons I have XM radio. It is awesome very very few commercials(the ones they do play let you know what else is happening on XM). The DJ's don't suck either. I drove to Florida and didn't even have to change the station unless I didn't like the song. All the stations are uncensored. I highly recommend it. You can get a player for about $30 and the service runs about $15 bucks a month. Of course I drive 2 hours a day round trip to and from work so it is worth it to me, but if you are tired of the same crap they play on the radio all the time I highly suggest it.

Posted on: 1/23/2007 10:57 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

WMITC
5. People who try to talk to you at urinals

Posted on: 1/24/2007 12:05 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From ohio via Panther WV
6. Keith Oberman's political views. Stick to sports center jack ass.

Posted on: 1/24/2007 12:08 am

I-79 Alumni

Pitt Hater
From Beckley, West Virginia
7) The fact that LimeWire and other programs used for downloading tunes are blocked on the University's LAN.

8) Homework

9) The PRT

10) Drivers from New Jersey, Ohio, PA, Virginia and Maryland.

Posted on: 1/24/2007 12:17 am

WMITC
10b.) and Florida

Posted on: 1/24/2007 12:20 am

From Boone County, WV
11. Chuck Landon and the rest of the Charleston Daily Rag.

12. Annoying mailings from your alma mater begging for money after you graduate (Yes college and high school students..you have this to look forward to upon graduation from WVU or wherever you go to college at)

13. Junk mail in general.

Posted on: 1/24/2007 12:21 am

Pitt Hater
14) Notre Lame. The entire community of South Bend, Indiana, for that matter. This one should be #1.

Posted on: 1/24/2007 12:27 am

WMITC
15. People who think Rio even comes close to the kick assedness of los mariachi's.

Posted on: 1/24/2007 12:31 am

Pitt Hater
15 Discussion) Never been to Mariachi's, but Rio does kick a lot of ass. Assuming we're talking about the same place.

Posted on: 1/24/2007 12:33 am

WMITC
15. If you like rio you gotta check out los mariachi's over by the green lot. 10 times better than Rio in my opinion.

Posted on: 1/24/2007 12:36 am

Pitt Hater
From Daytona, but my hearts in WV
16. Pills that aid your legs, cholestorol, penis yet they make you crap your pants.

17. Sick 'already' of people bitching about Reggie Bush doing the flip/dance...of course it was annoying, but have YOU made a T.D. in your first playoff game?

18. Paris Hilton

19. School buses/Pub trans. in gen. The smell, the convo, the half dazed driver, the hellish childhood reminders of the school bus.

20. Head On....apply directly to the head.

21. Coaches wearing suits AND the sportscasters that corner them at half time.

22. Me

23. Waking up too early/late

a note to Olbermann doubters. I am just saying watch the show, check his back, he was at the BIG SHOW and they MADE him report on a hummer EVERY night, instead of sports....that is why he quit. He was awesome and is STILL awesome. He went to school with the Swami for goodness sakes. Seriously, he is great. The inspiration for 'Sports Night", I think. Even if he is not, he is a radio host, sportscaster, news anchor, commentator and he is funny as well as smart.

Posted on: 1/24/2007 9:34 am

Here for the Beer
From Ashburn, VA
24. Internet Trolls. (You know who you are)

Posted on: 1/24/2007 12:43 pm

WMITC
From Eastern Panhandle, WV
Maadman is right. Los Mariachis blows the doors off of Rio.

Something that annoys me? Crockpots. Never has a decent meal been prepared in a crockpot in the history of human existence. Side dishes (i.e. green beans) are sometimes tasty in a crockpot, but everything else sucks.

Posted on: 1/24/2007 3:50 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From MoTown
ah cmon. pot roast in the crock pot? add some carrots and red potatoes.

off the chain.

Posted on: 1/24/2007 3:55 pm

Staff Writer
From Elkins
25) people typing "your" when "you're" is the proper term

(to those that aren't aware, "you're" is the contractual form of "you are" and not the same as "your" which refers to possession)

Posted on: 1/24/2007 3:58 pm

WMITC
Quote:

joeserial wrote:
25) people typing "your" when "you're" is the proper term

(to those that aren't aware, "you're" is the contractual form of "you are" and not the same as "your" which refers to possession)

your right about that

Posted on: 1/24/2007 4:21 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From ohio via Panther WV
Dude, my username in and of it's self protects me from being held to rule no. 25. We will call it Rule 25 proposition a. Or will be known as the Tug River Valley Ordnance. Which states that anyone living or having ever claimed residence with in 30 min. of the Tug Fork of the Big Sandy River will hereon be excluded from any and all criticism for bad grammer and or poor spelln'.

Posted on: 1/24/2007 6:42 pm

I-79 Alumni

WMITC
From Houston, TX
26. Shrieking kids on airplanes
27. Victim mentality.

By now most have read about the whiny couple kicked off an AirTran plane because their 3-year-old was throwing a shit-fit. Hiding under the seats (no small feat) and hitting her parents while screaming as if she was being disembowled. The airline got them on a later flight, refunded their money AND gave them free tickets! Yet they are on Good Morning America whining about how horrible the airline treated them and how they were boycotting.

I say Hooray for AirTran.

These people get to preboard a half hour before takeoff, they held the plane for 15 minutes after scheduled takeoff time because their precious little angel refused to get in her seat for takeoff (FAA law.) They demanded more time "to console her." Yet they whine about how everyone else should be more understanding.

Lemme get this straight: I am supposed to miss my meeting/connecting flight/grandmother's funeral because your little f*ck-trophy has rights? You held up this plane for fifteen minutes, and I bet you were not paying the crew's salary. Pilots and flight attendants don't get paid for ground time. People have places to go, and if your kid won't follow the rules, then off you go. Stop crying about your rights, already. You were overcompensated already for being ass-hats; the airlines don't have to give you squat for ejecting you due to behavior issues. (She is also pregnant again...may I suggest giving it up for adoption since you have no control over the one you have.)

Oh yeah, crock pot roast rocks! Most other food...not so much; have to side with Jude for the most part.

Posted on: 1/24/2007 11:30 pm

From Boone County, WV
Crock pot roast is good..but Jude is right on all other counts. Crockpot food does suck.

28. Local News Shows-This is as annoying as hell. You have the 5:00, 6:00, 10:00, and 11:00 newshows on half of these damn local stations. Tonight I saw the same news broadcast at 10:00 and 11:00...the exact same one. Lazy newscasters. And why do all of these bastards pride themselves on their weather? Screw the rest of the news but their never correct weather takes center stage. Screw your idiot Doppler Radar. I'm my own weatherman. I go outside..it rains..I take my umbrella.it's cold..I wear a coat. Even the hot chicks that work on many of Charleston's stations cannot keep this off the list. Which is extremely sad.

Of course the fact that these stations are also based in Huntington could explain a lot of this.

29. People with 120 items in the express checkout line-Dear Lord people...if the sign says 10 items..it does not mean that you can have 10 jars of peanut butter, 10 jars of jelly.etc. 10 means 10 you f*cking moronic assgoblin. I think a commerical for Mr. T's Pity the Fool covers this...people who can't count need sent back to Kindergarten or made to arrange magnetic numbers on the side of the checkout counter.

30. People Who Tell You Everything That Happens in the Movie as You're (Happy joeserial? LOL) Watching It-Nothing burns my ass as much as buying a DVD and having someone else who has already seen the movie tell me every little line in it. Can't you bastards go somewhere else while I'm trying to see this?

31. The DMV- (With all apologies to those who may work there or have family members and/or friends who work there) This has to be the most annoying state agency ever created. It takes them like three hours to take your money, take your picture, then put it on a little plastic card. And why do we pay so much for them to do this? Don't even get me started on trying to get a title for a vehicle..be prepared to have your mother's maiden name, a DNA test, and your 6th grade report card ready.

Posted on: 1/24/2007 11:53 pm

(1) 2 3 4 ... 135 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved