We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

WV in the national news...27 heroin OD's in 4 hours.....

From Wilderness, VA via Hacker Valley, WV
http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/17/health/ ... ses-in-4-hours/index.html

There were 27 heroin overdoses within four hours, including one death, in Huntington, West Virginia, on Monday. Officials believe the drug may be laced with something to make it particularly dangerous.

"I do not know what it was laced with, but I would love to know at this point," Cabell County EMS Director Gordon Merry said.
There is some hope that the death can lead to some clues about what may be making the drugs so dangerous. Huntington Chief of Police Joe Ciccarelli said. "The state medical examiner will conduct a toxicology analysis to determine what was in the drug, but that will not come back for about 10 weeks. We did not seize any heroin from the other overdose victims, so we can't analyze theirs."

"We had tied up seven ambulances within minutes due to overdose calls and still needed more, which we had to get from other parts of the county. It was basically like a mass casualty event," said Merry.

All of the overdoses happened within a mile and a half radius, which leads officials to believe they are from the same batch of heroin. The overdose victims ranged from 20 years old to 50, according to Merry.

"Huntington has a population of about 50,000 people and usually sees around 18 to 20 overdoses in a week. So this was a huge increase, catastrophic," he added.

According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's latest data, from 2014, West Virginia has the highest rate of drug overdose death in the country.

Extremely, extremely sad...

Posted on: 8/18/2016 8:04 am

Re: WV in the national news...27 heroin OD's in 4 hours.....
WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV
Tons of OD's in section of Ohio too. Akron/Canton if I recall recently. Was laced with elephant tranquilizer. Stay in school. Dont do drugs.

Posted on: 8/18/2016 9:04 am

Eat Shit Pitt
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
Jeez, I know the rash of injuries are tough to take, but no need to OD.

Posted on: 8/18/2016 10:03 am

Makin' it Rain
From Here
EP is terrible too. Thank you Miami, Baltimore and Detroit.

Posted on: 8/18/2016 11:35 am

Scientists discover, understand and inform.

Environmentalists preach.

Party Machine
From Morgantown
One would think elephant tranquilizer would be harder to find/more expensive than heroin.

Posted on: 8/18/2016 11:38 am

Makin' it Rain
From Eastern WV
Quote:

mountie13 wrote:
One would think elephant tranquilizer would be harder to find/more expensive than heroin.

This used to be true until the WV DNR traded Africa a dozen wild turkeys for a male and female elephant. The damn elephants have been breeding like rabbits and they're all over the western part of the state. Now the streets are flooded with elephant guns and tranqs. Marshall is even voting to change it's mascot name from Marco to Dumbo.

Posted on: 8/18/2016 3:47 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From A town called Fresh Off A Cop's Ass
Quote:

WVisHome wrote:

It's all in how you look at it. The cops can't clean up the problem, but maybe a stepped on batch of dope can. Wait until this **** hits Martinsburg, that should make some headlines. The Republican nominee for Sheriff in Berkeley county just got busted for heroine possession, od'd in his home bathroom.

Posted on: 8/18/2016 4:31 pm

Pitt Hater
From Richmond, Va
That's a crazy number. Bad batches of heroin seem to be on the rise. I know dealers will lace a few baggies so that someone at random will OD so that their drugs seem more powerful than they are, and thus more dope fiends will come buy your ****. But 27 OD's? Damn!

Posted on: 8/18/2016 5:47 pm

RadioShark wrote:
This game has been so thisisridic!

Makin' it Rain
From Here
Quote:

RadioShark wrote:
Quote:

WVisHome wrote:

It's all in how you look at it. The cops can't clean up the problem, but maybe a stepped on batch of dope can. Wait until this **** hits Martinsburg, that should make some headlines. The Republican nominee for Sheriff in Berkeley county just got busted for heroine possession, od'd in his home bathroom.

Come on dude get it right, Narcan twice on back to back nights.

But remember, he took an opioid-like substance for flu-like symptoms. I never realized (nor would I have reason to) that withdrawal was like the flu.

Posted on: 8/18/2016 6:26 pm

Scientists discover, understand and inform.

Environmentalists preach.

Gettin' Schmitty
From A town called Fresh Off A Cop's Ass
Quote:

eer44fan wrote:
Quote:

RadioShark wrote:
Quote:

WVisHome wrote:

Come on dude get it right, Narcan twice on back to back nights.

But remember, he took an opioid-like substance for flu-like symptoms. I never realized (nor would I have reason to) that withdrawal was like the flu.

I think he just misread his prescription, mistook "once daily" for "heating a spoon while tying off arm with your shoelaces". Could have happened to anyone, really.

Posted on: 8/18/2016 7:39 pm

Pitt Hater
From Parkersburg,WV
It was intentional. They tried to OD when they realized their football team still sucks.

Posted on: 8/19/2016 12:53 pm

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved